Sony a6700 Mirrorless Camera (Body Only) (ILCE-6700)
26MP Exmor R APS-C BSI CMOS Sensor
BIONZ XR Image Processor
UHD 4K 120p / FHD 240p / 10-Bit 4:2:2
Up to 11-fps Shooting, ISO 100-32000
5-Axis Pixel-Level Image Stabilization
Real-Time Tracking AF for Stills & Video
759-Point Phase Detection, 93% Coverage
S-Log3, S-Gamut3, S-Cinetone, User LUTs
Internal Mic + Inputs, USB Streaming
3" 1.03m-Dot Vari-Angle LCD Touchscreen
- Full pixel readout from the 6K sensor creates high-quality UHD 4K video, with approximately 2.4x the data required for 4K video, minimizing moiré and aliasing.
- UHD 4K recording is possible with frame rates up to 120p and full HD recording up to 240p, using full 1:1 pixel readout without binning.
- Record in 10-bit 4:2:2 using advanced XAVC HS and XAVC S-I formats for consistent performance and quality at bitrates up to 600 Mb/s.
- Record for more than two hours in 4K 30p, or more than 40 minutes at 4K 60p on a 128GB card.
- Slow & Quick (S&Q) mode allows shooters to capture 4K video at specified steps between 1-120 fps and Full HD between 1-240 fps, depending on the format. These settings will allow you to slow down action as well as speed up a slow-moving scene.
- S-Cinetone can be used to deliver distinct colors and healthy-looking skin tone rendering that is based on technology from the professional Cinema Line cameras, such as the VENICE. This color profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colors, and especially well-controlled highlights.
- The S-Log3 and S-Gamut3.Cine Gamma Curves allow for more than 14 stops of dynamic range and for increased post-production flexibility, including matching video from other Sony Cinema Line cameras.
- Creative Looks can be baked into the recorded footage to create a specific mood during recording and minimize the need for editing.
- User-created LUTs and presets can be set for accurately monitoring footage or previewing a specific look during shooting and can be applied to the camera's monitor, EVF, or HDMI output.
- The camera supports instant time-lapse settings with framerate, recording, light, and interval customization.
For stills-shooters, the a6700 offers a wide range of color renderings and compressions for optimal image quality and storage management, led by the introduction of the High Efficiency Image File (HEIF) format, available here in 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 options. Users also have the choice between Compressed and Lossless Compressed options when shooting raw. The AI Processing Unit also helps to achieve better exposure results in Auto mode, achieving a 20% increase in reliability over the a6600 according to manufacturer testing, with applicable algorithmic adjustments made for skin tone, backlit situations, and white balance. The same Creative Looks presets available in video are also available when shooting stills, allowing additionally for user-defined configurations with eight adjustable parameters. For optimal viewing of stills when tethered to select monitors and televisions, the a6700 now offers a stills-designed Hybrid Log-Gamma mode that delivers accurate dynamic range in 10-bit HEIF format.