Sennheiser EW 512P G4 Camera-Mount Wireless Omni Lavalier Microphone System
- For Professional Filmmaker, Videographer
- MKE 2 Miniature Omnidirectional Lav Mic
- Rugged Bodypack Transmitter
- Diversity Camera-Mount Receiver
The Sennheiser EW 512P G4 is a camera-mount wireless lavalier microphone system that brings advanced features to the EW Series, expanding this industry-standard system into a fully professional, yet cost-effective solution that filmmakers, videographers, and journalists can rely on—even in challenging shooting environments like big cities.
The rugged EW 512P G4 combines a wide 88 MHz bandwidth with 3520 frequencies and an RF output level up to 50 mW for a clean transmission and broadcast-quality sound. Depending on your location, you can operate up to 32 mics in one space.
For pristine sound capture, the EW 512P G4 features a high-grade MKE 2 omnidirectional lavalier mic with a sweat-resistant, easy-to-conceal miniature design. Also included is a bodypack transmitter and a camera-mount receiver. The system connects to a camcorder, a DSLR/mirrorless, or a cinema camera to capture crisp-sounding speech or dialog for projects ranging from films and documentaries to wedding videos, corporate spots, and hands-free interviews.
The EW 512P G4 is backward-compatible with previous evolution systems, including EW 100 models, giving you the ability to mix and match G4/G3/G2/G1 receivers or bodypack, handheld, and plug-on transmitters.
Built for Reliable Performance in the Field
- The EW 512P G4 features rugged, all-metal chassis well suited for extended use on location.
- The lightweight, compact bodypack transmitter is moisture-resistant, easy to conceal, and offers rounded edges that are soft to the touch and comfortable for the talent to wear. A locking connector ensures that your lav doesn’t detach at a critical moment, while a convenient switch allows you to mute your mic.
- Using the included shoemount adapter, the equally compact receiver easily mounts on your camera without adding much weight. The included CL 500 cable provides a balanced connection from the receiver to the XLR audio input of your camcorder, cinema camera, or recording device. The CL 1 cable is for DSLR/mirrorless cameras and devices with 3.5mm inputs. A headphone output lets you monitor the quality of your sound while recording.
- Both transmitter and receiver feature daylight-readable LED displays showing reception quality, battery status, and audio level.
Advanced Controls for Flexible Use
- The frequency scan function automatically searches for the cleanest frequency at your location.
- To get you going quickly, the transmitter and receiver synchronize via infrared interface with the simple push of a button.
- 10/30/50 mW switchable RF output helps overcome interference or save battery life.
- The adjustable input sensitivity on the transmitter accommodates mic levels ranging from booming voices to quiet speech, and even line-level audio.
- The receiver has an adjustable output range of 42 dB to match the audio input of your camera or recording device.
Proven Broadcast-Quality Sound
- Popular with industry professionals, the MKE 2 omnidirectional lavalier microphone delivers a natural, broadcast-quality sound optimized for speech intelligibility. Its omnidirectional polar pattern ensures that the sound remains consistent, even when the speaker’s head moves away from the mic.
- To take full advantage of the MKE 2’s dynamic range, the system employs proprietary HDX compander technology, preserving your sound without adding unwanted noise during transmission—delivering audio with remarkable accuracy and quality.
- Adaptive-diversity reception for reliable transmission up to 330'
- 20 frequency banks, each with up to 32 factory-preset channels to prevent intermodulation
- Pilot tone squelch for eliminating RF noise when transmitter is turned off
- User-friendly menu operation with flexible control options
- Transmitter and receiver feature 4-step battery-life indicator
- Auto-Lock function avoids accidental changing of settings
- RF Mute function
- 8 hours of battery life
- Powered via AA batteries or rechargeable BA 2015 Accupack batteries (available separately)
- Side contacts for recharging the Accupacks without removing them from either transmitter or receiver—requires the L 2015 quick-charging unit (available separately)
- Unlike digital wireless systems, the SK 500 G4 transmitter can transmit to an unlimited number of EW series receivers
- Wide range of accessories adapts the system to a variety of applications
EW 100 G4 vs EW 500 G4 Systems at a Glance
- Bandwidth: Up to 46 MHz vs up to 88 MHz
- UHF Frequencies: 1680 vs up to 3520
- RF Output Power: Fixed 30 mW vs adjustable 10/30/50 mW
- Mics at Once: Up to 12 mics vs up to 32 mics
- Included Lavalier Mic: ME 2-II omni or ME 4 cardioid vs professional MKE 2 omni
- Headphone Output: No vs yes
- Audio Output: Unbalanced vs balanced
- Plug-On Transmitter: No phantom vs +48V phantom power