LEE Filters 4x4" Neutral Density (ND) 0.9 ProGlass Filter
The Lee 4x4" Neutral Density (ND) 0.9 ProGlass Filter enables the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting color balance. Neutral density filters are available in 1, 2, 3, or 4 stops to suit individual situations.
Neutral Density filters have several uses and offer the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. ND filters appear grey and reduce the amount of light reaching the film. They have no effect on color balance.
Neutral Density filters have four main uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high-speed film, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high-speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
Neutral Density factors
- ND.3 (exposure adjustment = 1 stop, reduces ISO 1/2)
- ND.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops, reduces ISO 1/4)
- ND.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO 1/8)
- ND1.2 (exposure adjustment = 4 stops, reduces ISO 1/16)