Azden SGM-990+i Shotgun Microphone for Cameras and Mobile Devices
- Compatible with Smartphones and Tablets
- Switch for Long or Short Pickup Pattern
- Electret Condenser
- 1/8" Mini-Jack Connector
- 150 Hz to 18 kHz Frequency Response
- AAA Battery Power Source
- Includes Windscreen
- Shockmount Mic Holder
- Smartphone/Tablet TRRS Adapter Cable
Azden SGM-990 + I Overview
The SGM-990+i Shotgun Microphone for Mobile Device Recording from Azden is designed for capturing audio in several environments like meetings, weddings, and more. It is compatible with smartphones and tablets with a TRRS headset jack, and can be used on video camcorders, DSLR cameras, or field recorders to pick up your sound.
The SGM-990+i shotgun microphone features a supercardioid pickup pattern. It is built with a 2-position switch that allows you to select a long or short pickup pattern. The mic has a frequency response of 150 Hz to 18 kHz, and a pickup range of 35'. It is powered by one alkaline AAA battery.
Furthermore, the electret condenser microphone is equipped with a coiled cable that terminates to a 1/8" mini-jack connector, making it compatible with several cameras, field recorders, and mobile devices. The mic includes a windscreen, and shockmount mic holder.
- Supplied interface cable allows you to record audio to your iPhone 3/4/5/6, iPad (3rd generation and newer), Samsung Galaxy S 3/4/5, Galaxy Tab 3 and most Android devices.
- Supercardioid pickup pattern focuses straight ahead, picks up your subject more clearly, and reduces side noise
- 2-position switch allows you to change the pickup pattern from Long to Short
- Included shockmount mic holder isolates the microphone from vibrations in your camera or boompole
- 3.5mm audio connection plugs into your DSLR or camcorder's audio input jack to record live audio directly into your camera, or field recorder